Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Update from Chris

Day 3 of missions

It is alway good to start the day off with the Lord. My day started at 5:30 am continuing the book of Acts for devotional. From it, I want to be reminded to simply obey the Lord. Out of fear I do not want to miss out on opportunities to serve and preach. 

The food is always awesome, I am so blessed to have Co Trang look at me I am learning Vietnamese spend her time cooking for my team and the rest of the family. 

The work I am doing is helping to build a playground. Listen everyone for the people who are reading this, this is not a playground that is a cookie cutter model where you put it together, but the pastor's son and I went out to purchase the raw materials. Jerry, David, and the other guy who helps us out, (sorry I forgot his name) went to buy the wood.

They do not have a Home Depot, well I am sure there is one, but we went to a local mom and pop shop to buy the materials. From nothing on day 1 to day 3 we have dug holes 3 feet deep. Look this was not an easy task the ground has been beaten and baked rock hard from the hot Cambodian sun and the get to the layer where it is soft enough to scoop is not easy. On top of that the humidity is tough. Im sticky all the time, and with the little work that I do I am soaked within minutes. 

On Day 3 we have put up a structure and swing set, tied down a rope ladder, and set up the foundation to finish the rest of the playground we built, I did not come here to bring God. That was a foolish idea from long ago when I went to Arizona. I came to serve and love on the Cambodians. Through this I find myself learning more about myself and how to deny my desires. In my head I am trying to stay with the group working when my body is failing me. I am losing the same amount of water through sweat that I am drinking. When I get tried I think about home and what I signed up for. I have an internal dialogue going on in my head of what God is saying well at least scripture reminding me to stay the course. 

So as the day has come to a close my belly full from dinner tomorrow is another day. I hope to alway try a little bit more than I did the day before. I see the poverty of this nation, it saddens me of the living conditions. I am not trying to change that, I want to give them hope in a better life from God. If kids come when I leave and have a safe place to play and hear the gospel the PTL. 

I am trying to be less...