Monday, August 7, 2017

Week 1 Day 1 (Recap)

Good moooorrrning Cambodia! Thank the Lord for His lavished Grace for a safe touchdown here in Phnom Penh and a welcomed stay in MS Hùng's home with his family. Speaking of family, the team is running smoothly! One of the first questions that comes to mind when you step out of the airport and into the bustle of the city is "Where's the nearest water fountain?" I'm just kidding! No, personally speaking, as I smelled the incense (yep, quite strong) and heard the chants of the cremation ceremony, I realized I've been asking myself the question "What gives these children of Cambodia - even adults - true joy in their worlds apart if they don't have the love of Christ?" Today, in the first week of the first day of ministry, I saw the answer: In the adoring eyes of the children as they sang and danced with the team, the tears in Cô Trang's eyes as she wept her stories of her experience and ministry during dinner, and the passion our team poured into English lessons of the Creation to Christ story.

Case in point, this was how Christ was being represented by the 2017 Cambodia team from my perspective. I pray you guys are keeping us, MS Hùng's family, and the people of Cambodia in your prayers! More updates coming right at your way soon! :)

Justin (Huy)